Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Getting lost in a book


One by one I turn the pages,                                                                                 William the Conqueror
Oh, the thrill!
The different stages!
Another tale for the ages.

To read on through another lecture,
Is an adventure all on its own.
The different words all come together,
Built by the word architecture.

From the works of Edgar Allen Poe,
To the fantasies of Rick Riordan,
The pages give me a warming glow,
Word by word the story flows.

Every book, I wish would extend,
The next chapter,
Brings me closer to the end,
The books are who I befriend.







1 comment:

  1. I love this line, "From the works of Edgar Allen Poe,
    To the fantasies of Rick Riordan," that conjures up all kinds of stories in my mind. :)

    ReplyDelete