Thursday, April 2, 2020

An Ode to Exercise


By: William the Conqueror

As the feet slap the pavement,
As the weights are coming down,
The strength inside is tested,
Your confidence goes to town.

The fire inside is burning,
Giving a warm sort of glow.
Your depression is exiled,
Your hatred running low.

Fight the constant fight,
Beware! The mental battle's rough.
It's a struggle to put on your shoes,
Getting out the door is tough.

But if you go run,
Or lift those heavy weights,
Even walking at the park,
The reward itself is great.

That feeling of accomplishment,
The powerful feeling inside.
You'll begin to feel better,
A simple since of pride.








3 comments:

  1. 'Fight the constant fight. Beware! The mental battle's rough.' I'll remember that the next time I don't feel like walking and will be inspired to put my shoes on and get out the door. Love your poetry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the inspiration to exercise: “The reward itself is great.” It is a sense of accomplishment! Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW JOSEPH. You are so talented. I Love reading your writings while drinking my coffee in the morning. You have truly brought a smile to my heart. Love Grandma Baby

    ReplyDelete